Cake & curry.

Not at the same time, natch.

On Thursday I baked a cake. Prior to this, I don't think I'd ever made a cake that didn't come out of a box. It turned out quite well but, being chocolate, I wasn't able to taste it. I did take it into work where it went over quite well. I won't bother posting the recipe, as it can be found here, along with a great story from Isabelle. She used icing sugar to decorate, whereas I was a tad less subtle and just covered the thing in real whipped cream and shaved chocolate. Mine started, but did not end, vegan.


I also made some curry today. Is it 'some curry' or 'a curry'? I'm not sure. 'Some' seems right, but in every Irvine Welsh book I've ever read, it's always 'stop to get a curry'. Regardless, Suz posted a recipe for spinach and chickpea curry, and I decided to try it. It was incredibly quick, easy, and flavourful. I'll definitely be making this one again. It tastes like something that took time to make, rather than 30 minutes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you liked the curry. It was dead simple to make...and yum...

Suz.

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

Blog Archive